Wednesday 12 December 2012

Nick 'Smooth Deep' Semwogerere

After posting the video of my standard day in Bosnia last week, I was surprised to receive a message from a man by the name of Nick Semwogerere - someone who I better know as 'Smooth Deep,' though I will refer to him by his last name for the sake of this post.

Semwogerere is based in London at the moment but has spent quite a bit of time in Bosnia-Herzegovina and, like me, has fallen absolutely in love with the place.

He has his very own YouTube channel, where he regularly posts a variety of videos, including his opinions on topical (as well as, at times, trivial) Balkan issues, plus a number of songs he has personally made - including more!

In fact, it was actually through Semwogerere's popular song 'Sarajevo Grade Moj' that I came to discover him.

Check out the song below, which has accrued more than 120,000 views in less than a year!



Nick sounds like a really switched-on and nice bloke, and I agree with much of his opinions when it comes to local issues.

You can also keep up to date with his movements on his Twitter page.

Keep up the good work, my friend!

2 comments:

  1. The funny thing is that I posted your video on my facebook, Nick liked it and then he said that he left a comment to you, and that you said that you used to drive around and lissening to his song :D, its a small world we live in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, firstly, thanks for sharing my stuff, and yes, that is true! I have some Balkan friends, and they especially loved his Bosnian lines in the song when I played it to them.
    Small world indeed!

    ReplyDelete