Wednesday 1 August 2012

Ramadan: Day 6

In Mostar, so many worshippers were present at a local
 mosque the other day that they had to set up 'serdzada', or 
praying mats, outside on the street! (Source: Rijaset.ba)
Today marks my sixth day of fasting during the Ramadan period.

In case you haven't been following my progress; I took a six-or-seven day break following the first three days of fasting due to the fact I was away from home in Sarajevo (I know, I know, bad excuse), but now, I'm back into the thick of things, and feeling superb!

In the last few days I've been writing about how high my spirits are - and my morale just keeps growing as each day of fasting passes.

It must be said, however, that it's difficult to ascertain whether this positive energy is a result of 'cleansing' my body, or because I feel as though I am achieving my goals.

Who knows - maybe it is a combination of both.

At the time I write this, Aksam is only 15 minutes away, and tonight for our Iftar dinner my partner has prepared what is locally called 'sirnica', meaning cheese pie! It will be accompanied with 'ramazanije' (traditional bread made specially for Ramadan); soup; and to keep mum happy, there will also be some salads.

Guys, I have to be honest, I can't wait any longer for that food!
Therefore it's time to go to the kitchen and prepare the table!

Prijatno / Bon Appetit :)


PS. Before I go ... Did you know?

Around 2.5 million people flocked to Mecca on the first day of this year's Ramadan to pray. In addition, there were up to 28,000 security officers in and around the Grand Mosque and Kabaa to move the crowds and ensure safety for the worshippers.

Incredible.

1 comment: